Knife Skills- The Cornerstone to Good Cooking
Chef: Riki Kaspi
- A$ 90
Have you ever wanted to be able to chop like a chef in your own kitchen? If you have, this is just the class for you. Knife skills not only make your food presentation more professional they also save you considerable time in the kitchen.
In this class you will be given expert tuition by one of our chefs, we will cover how to hold a knife, chop, sharpen and also how to choose the correct knife.
Should you have your own quality knifes you wish to bring along, please feel free to do so.
You will learn:
- General safety of knife handling
- Knife maintenance
- Knife selection for correct job
- Knife sharpening
- How to finely dice /chop onion, ginger, garlic
- How to julienne carrots
- How to brunoise ¼ in. dice Root veg
- How to macedoine ½ in. dice Root veg
- How to fine slice mushrooms
- How to de-seed slice/dice chilli
- How to chop/prepare herbs
With the chopped vegetables you will then make a vegetable soup.