We are centrally located at the corner of Main Street & Scarborough Beach Road in Mt. Hawthorn – you can’t get more central than us!
We invite you to enjoy the stylish look of our venue… the ‘laid back’ atmosphere combined with the warmth and intimacy… live jazz…the smells of the food… we offer the best!
Our newly refurbished Perth event venue offers a great location for your next function. Our open plan venue is ideal for:
- Private dining – Great for small groups or those who don’t want to cook!
- Long table cining – Chefs cooking in action!
- Cocktail functions – Celebrations, or client or staff entertainment.
- Venue hire – Let us help you celebrate your next big occasion!
- Live entertainment – Resident live Jazz band for hire.
- Masterclass events – Speciality stores and Chefs, giving you in-depth knowledge.
- Public cooking classes – Fully hands-on cooking – Fun, supportive, and bonding.
- Private group classes – Fully hands-on cooking – encourages team and relationship building.
- Kitchen hire – Two fully dedicated hire kitchens.
The Cooking Professor is all about education, entertainment, socialisation, and enjoyment.
The overall feel of our Perth venue for hire is warm and intimate, yet large and spacious in size to enable a large variety of events, from intimate group celebrations to ‘hands-on’ cooking classes, from team building corporate events to private events and large cocktail parties accommodating up to 65 people.
We have everything you need under one roof and you can style your event yourself or have us take all the work out of it for you.
Whether it is a launch, engagement, hens/bucks, or birthday celebration, corporate entertainment, Christmas functions, team building, or a large cocktail party, The Cooking Professor can cater to all your needs.
We have a large open plan Perth event venue, with the flexibility to create a floor plan to suit your requirements: from formal sit down events of up to 40 people to larger cocktail style events accommodating up to 65 people. Incorporate the kitchen or set up an intimate dining experience, we have the ability to create your dream venue.
Frequently Asked Questions
What food serving options do you have?
For your event menu options you can pick from a Moroccan Feast, comprising tajines, chermoulas, couscous, amazing side dishes, and syrup-drenched sweets; Spanish, featuring tapas, paellas, and of course, chocolate-dipped churros; or Rustic Italian with pasta making. If you choose a cocktail-style event dine upon delicious morsels and food piled high on platters.
All our menus can be tailored to suit your occasion and dietary requirements.
What kinds of drinks do you serve?
We are a fully BYO venue or you can add a drinks package to your event provided by our partners Cocktail Gastronomy.
What other facilities does your business offer?
The venue’s floor is suitable for dancing, and we have the following services you can add to your venue hire package:
- Our resident live jazz band (subject to availability),
- Sound system for presentations or speeches,
- Waiting staff,
- Well-known, Perth-based celebrity chefs to entertain you and your guests whilst preparing your food (subject to availability)
- Cocktail Gastronomy drinks package